Thursday, June 9, 2011

Graduation Announcements

Hello Everyone! I have been busy, busy lately. I am getting ready to start a new job so I am trying to tie up some loose ends around here. One of the things I needed to get done is make some graduation announcements for my 2nd son. We home school so he did not have a formal graduation ceremony ( his choice as we are in a homeschool co-op that has a graduation ceremony). I wanted friends and family to know that he did graduate and did an awesome job on his college SATs! He hasn't quite decided what he wants to do but I think he is leaning towards joining the military. Anyway, here is what I came up with:


This idea is not origional. Robin at Robin's Creative Cottage made some similar ones for her daughter. You can view them HERE.


I made this similar to a post card and will put his graduation info on the back. I made this 4.25 X 5.5.

Here is what I used:
A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge ~ cap ( I hid some of the cuts and trimmed off the tassel )
Pooh Font Cricut Cartridge ~ 2011 shadow and font welded in my Gypsy
D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder
Ribbon I had in my stash
White Gelly Roll Pen
DMC Floss for the tassel
Brads

Since it was for my son I didn't want anything to elaborate because that is just not his style.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

You did a very nice job thanks for sharing!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

nicely done! and congrats on the new job!
liz :o)

Doris P. said...

i really like it - short sweet and simple. i like the postcard style invites / announcements. congrat's to your son!
parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Nice work on these graduation cards. Congrats to your son!
Thanks for sharing:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Your announcements look great. I will be making these next year for my son.