Saturday, August 31, 2013

Eat Cake ~ Little Tangles Challenge

Hi There! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! My husband is redoing our half bath and it is looking so nice. While he is slaving away, I had some time in my craft room to put together a card for one of the Little Tangles Birthday Bash Challenges.


The card I created is for the Eat Cake challenge.

You can use your Neat and Tangled Stamps or if you don't have any Danielle is providing a few digis so you can play along.


For my card I used patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad. I cut and layered in onto a 4.25 x 5.5 card base. I then did some stitching around the edge. I cut to borders out of the the same patterned paper with a scallop border punch. I then layered a strip of white cardstock on top that I had run through my printer using one of the free digis that Little Tangles has provided. I added some Neat Tangled Pretty Pretty Pink Satin Sequins between each phrase.

For my cake, I cut a small rectangle and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then stamped the heart border from Neat Tangled Kindness Matters stamp set in Hero Arts Bubble Gum shadow ink and fussy cut it so that I could add it to the top and bottom of my cake.


My candle is from Peachy Keen Stamps PK-106 With a Cherry on Top! I colored it with Copic markers and added Orange Peel and Yellow Stickles to the flame.

It's been a while since I played in any challenges. I really enjoyed putting this card together.

That's it for now.

Until next time...
Happy Crafting!
 
This card won! I am a Top Tangle!!
 
 


3 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Pretty, pretty card Saundra! Love the sweet colors and sequins!

Unknown said...

this is awesome! perfectly stamped...perfect layout and just awesome design! i love it

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!