Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bee Mine ~ My Scrap Chick Inspiration

Hi There! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!

Today I am sharing a cute shaped card using a file from My Scrap Chick. This card will be featured on the My Scrap Chick Facebook page.


For my cute little bee card, I used the Lil' Bee cut file. The shaped card was created simply by cutting out 2 of the body shapes. I scored a line at the top of one of my body shapes and added adhesive to that part only. Then I adhered the front to the back. There is no welding involved. I decided to cut two sets of wings in vellum and ran them through my Cuttlebug with the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder.

Here is a picture of the side view:


And a close up of the cute little face.


I used PK-180 Erkle and Merkle Face Assortment from Peachy Keen Stamps for her face. 

I enlarged one of the hearts and wrote my sentiment on it. A little glitter and a bow and my cute little Valentine bee is complete!

Be sure to visit My Scrap Chick to check out all their wonderful files.

Thank you for joining me today,
Until next time...
Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

jessica said...

This is so super CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!
I just LOVE that adorable face and all the sweet details you added to your bee!
So loving her!!!

lifesabeach32940 said...

This is SERIOUSLY CUTE!! I have this file, and I would never have thought to turn the bee into a card!!

I LOVE the details you provided ... especially for attaching the front and back without welding.

I am a newbie at this and am hoping you can help me.

What size did you cut your bee, so it was the correct size for a card? Did you finish the back, or is it just a plain black bee body?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I saw your card and read your description and thought "I may actually be able to do this." :)

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!



Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

Sherrie K. said...

This is absolutely adorable Saundra! I love the sweet little face and darling wings! So fun!
Sherrie K

Migdalia said...

Seriously TOO darn CAUTE!!!
Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M